This IC, developed using CMOS technology, is a high-accuracy window voltage detector with the supply voltage divided output that detects undervoltage and overvoltage. The detection voltage and release voltage are fixed internally with an accuracy of ±1.5%.
Apart from the power supply pin, the detection voltage input pin (SENSE pin) is also prepared, so the output is stable even if the SENSE pin voltage (VSENSE) falls to 0 V. The SENSE pin also has a built-in reverse connection protection circuit that reduces current in the SENSE pin during a reverse connection.
The release signal can be delayed by setting a capacitor externally, and the release delay time accuracy is ±15% (CD = 3.3 nF). The output form is Nch open-drain output.
The supply voltage divided output is prepared in this IC. The supply voltage divided output is a function that divides the VSENSE into VSENSE/6, VSENSE/8, VSENSE/12 or VSENSE/14 and outputs the voltage. For example, this function makes it possible that the IC connects to a low voltage microcontroller A/D converter directly and the microcontroller monitors a battery voltage.
- Detection voltage
- Undervoltage detection voltage 4.0 V to 10.0 V (0.05 V step)
- Overvoltage detection voltage 16.0 V to 18.0 V (0.1 V step)
- Detection voltage accuracy
- Undervoltage detection voltage ±1.5%
- Overvoltage detection voltage ±1.5%
- Hysteresis width selectable from “Available” / “Unavailable”
- “Available”: 5.0%, 10.0%
- “Unavailable”: 0%
- Release delay time accuracy
- ±15% (CD = 3.3 nF)
- Output form
- Nch open-drain output
Supply voltage divider block
- Output voltage
- VPMOUT = VSENSE/6 (S-191L Series L / M / N type)
- VPMOUT = VSENSE/8 (S-191L Series P / Q / R type)
- VPMOUT = VSENSE/12 (S-191N Series L / M / N type)
- VPMOUT = VSENSE/14 (S-191N Series P / Q / R type)
- Output capacitor (CPM)
- A ceramic capacitor can be used (0.1 μF to 0.22 μF).
- Built-in enable circuit
- Ensures long battery life.
- Current consumption
- During supply voltage divided output operates 1.3 μA typ.
- During supply voltage divided output stops 0.9 μA typ.
- Built-in reverse connection protection circuit
- Reduces current in the SENSE pin during a reverse connection.
- Operation voltage range
- 3.0 V to 36.0 V
- Operation temperature range
- Ta = −40°C to +105°C
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
- Withstand 45 V load dump
- AEC-Q100 qualified*1
*1. Contact our sales representatives for details.
- Overvoltage detection of power supply for automotive electric component
- Automotive battery voltage detection
- For automotive use (car body, headlight, ITS, accessory, car navigation system, car audio system, etc.)