The S-1200 Series is a positive voltage regulator with a low dropout voltage (LDO), high output voltage accuracy developed based on CMOS technology. A 0.1 µF small ceramic condenser can be used. It operates with low current consumption of 18 µA typ. A built-in Output current protector prevents the load current from exceeding the current capacitance of the output transistor. Compared with the voltage regulators using the conventional CMOS process, small ceramic capacitors are also available. Furthermore a small HSNT-6A package realizes high-density mounting.
- Output voltage
- 1.5 V to 5.5 V, selectable in 0.1 V steps.
- Low ESR capacitor can be used
- A ceramic capacitor of 0.1 µF or more can be used for the output capacitor.
- Wide input voltage range
- 2.0 V to 10.0 V
- High-accuracy output voltage
- Low dropout voltage (LDO)
- 140 mV typ. (3.0 V output product, Iout =100 mA)
- Low current consumption
- During operation 18 µA typ. 40 µA max., During shutdown 0.01 µA typ. 1.0 µA max.
- Output current
- 150 mA output is possible (@ Vin >Vout(S) +1.0 V) *1
- High ripple rejection
- 70 dB typ. (@ 1.0 kHz, 1.5 V < Vout < 3.0 V)
65 dB typ. (@ 1.0 kHz, 3.1 V < Vout < 5.5 V)
- Built-in overcurrent protector
- Overcurrent of output transistor can be restricted.
- Built-in ON/OFF circuit
- Ensures long battery life.
- Lead-free products
*1. Attention should be paid to the power dissipation of the package when the output current is large.
- Power supply for battery-powered devices
- Power supply for personal communication devices
- Power supply for home electric/electronic appliances
- Power supply for cellular phones