The S-1170 Series is a positive voltage regulator with a low dropout voltage (LDO), high output voltage accuracy, and low current consumption developed based on CMOS technology. A built-in low on-resistance transistor provides a low dropout voltage and large output current, a built-in overcurrent protector prevents the load current from exceeding the current capacitance of the output transistor, and a built-in thermal shutdown circuit prevents damage caused by the heat. An ON/OFF circuit ensures a long battery life. Compared with the voltage regulators using the conventional CMOS process, a larger variety of capacitors are available, including small ceramic capacitors. Small SOT-89-5 and 6-Pin HSON(A) packages realize high-density mounting.
- Output voltage
- 1.5 V to 5.5 V, selectable in 0.1 V steps.
- High-accuracy output voltage
- Low dropout voltage (LDO)
- 120 mV typ. (3.0 V output product, Iout =300 mA)
- Low current consumption
- During operation 80 µA typ. 160 µA max.,
During shutdown 0.1 µA typ. 1.0 µA max.
- High peak current capability
- 800 mA output is possible (@ Vin >Vout(S) +1.0 V) *1
- Built-in ON/OFF circuit
- Ensures long battery life.
- Low ESR capacitor can be used
- A ceramic capacitor of 4.7 µF or more can be used for the output capacitor.
- High ripple rejection
- 70 dB typ. (@ 1.0 kHz)
- Built-in overcurrent protector
- Overcurrent of output transistor can be restricted.
- Built-in thermal shutdown circuit
- Damage caused by heat can be prevented.
- Lead-free products
*1. Attention should be paid to the power dissipation of the package when the output current is large.
- Power supply for DVD and CD-ROM drives
- Power supply for battery-powered devices
- Power supply for personal communication devices
- Power supply for note PCs