Resistance between BS pin and VSS pin: 5kΩ typ. (S-82R1A) | 50Ω typ. (S-82S1A)
This IC is a protection IC for lithium-ion / lithium polymer rechargeable batteries, which includes high-accuracy voltage detection circuits and delay circuits. It is suitable for protecting 1-cell lithium-ion / lithium polymer rechargeable battery packs from overcharge, overdischarge, and overcurrent.
Overheat protection is possible by connecting an NTC thermistor to the NTC thermistor connection pin (TH pin.)
The battery voltage monitoring pin (BS pin) enables accurate voltage monitoring.
- With battery voltage monitoring pin
- High-accuracy overheat protection circuit by an external NTC thermistor
- Overheat detection temperature: +45℃ to +85℃ (1℃ step) Accuracy ±3℃*1
- High-accuracy voltage detection circuit
- Overcharge detection voltage: 3.500 V to 4.800 V (5 mV step) Accuracy ±15 mV
- Overcharge release voltage: 3.100 V to 4.800 V*2 Accuracy ±50 mV
- Overdischarge detection voltage: 2.000 V to 3.000 V (10 mV step) Accuracy ±50 mV
- Overdischarge release voltage: 2.000 V to 3.400 V*3 Accuracy ±75 mV
- Discharge overcurrent 1 detection voltage: 3 mV to 100 mV (0.5 mV step) Accuracy ±1 mV
- Discharge overcurrent 2 detection voltage: 6 mV to 100 mV (0.5 mV step) Accuracy ±2 mV
- Load short-circuiting detection voltage: 20 mV to 100 mV (1 mV step) Accuracy ±5 mV
- Charge overcurrent detection voltage: −100 mV to −3 mV (0.5 mV step) Accuracy ±1 mV
- Detection delay times are generated only by an internal circuit (external capacitors are unnecessary).
- Discharge overcurrent control function
- Release condition of discharge overcurrent status: Load disconnection
- Release voltage of discharge overcurrent status: Discharge overcurrent release voltage (VRIOV) = VDD × 0.8 (typ.)
- 0 V battery charge
- Enabled, inhibited
- Power-down function
- Available, unavailable
- High-withstand voltage
- VM pin and CO pin: Absolute maximum rating 28 V
- Wide operation temperature range
- Ta = −40℃ to +85℃
- Low current consumption
- During operation: 4.5 μA typ., 6.0 μA max. (Ta = +25℃)
- During power-down: 50 nA max. (Ta = +25℃)
- During overdischarge: 0.5 μA max. (Ta = +25℃)
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
*1. Temperature detection accuracy varies with NTC thermistor specifications.
When an NTC thermistor listed in Table 5 is connected, the detection temperature and accuracy can be achieved.
*2. Overcharge release voltage = Overcharge detection voltage − Overcharge hysteresis voltage
(Overcharge hysteresis voltage can be selected as 0 V or from a range of 0.1 V to 0.4 V in 50 mV step.)
*3. Overdischarge release voltage = Overdischarge detection voltage + Overdischarge hysteresis voltage
(Overdischarge hysteresis voltage can be selected as 0 V or from a range of 0.1 V to 0.7 V in 100 mV step.)
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack
- Lithium polymer rechargeable battery pack