The S-8253C/D Series is a protection ICs for 2-series or 3-series cell lithium-ion rechargeable battery and includes high-accuracy voltage detector and delay circuit. This IC is suitable for protecting lithium-ion battery packs from overcharge, overdischarge and overcurrent.
- High-accuracy voltage detection for each cell
- Overcharge detection voltage n (n =1 to 3): 3.9 V to 4.4 V (50 mV steps) Accuracy ±25 mV
- Overcharge release voltage n (n =1 to 3): 3.8 V to 4.4 V *1 Accuracy ±50 mV
- Overdischarge detection voltage n (n =1 to 3): 2.0 V to 3.0 V (100 mV steps) Accuracy ±80 mV
- Overdischarge release voltage n (n =1 to 3): 2.0 V to 3.4 V *2 Accuracy ±100 mV
- Three-level overcurrent detection (including load short circuiting detection)
- Overcurrent detection voltage 1: 0.05 V to 0.30 V (50 mV steps) Accuracy ±25 mV
- Overcurrent detection voltage 2: 0.5 V (fixed)
- Overcurrent detection voltage 3: 1.2 V (fixed)
- Delay time (Overcharge, Overdischarge, Overcurrent) is available by only using an internal circuit. (External capacitors are unnecessary).
- Charge / discharge operation can be inhibited by the control pin.
- With/without 0 V battery charge function selectable.
- High-withstand voltage
- Absolute maximum rating: 26 V
- Wide operating voltage range
- 2 V to 24 V
- Wide operating temperature range
- -40°C to +85°C
- Low current consumption
- Operation mode 28 µA max. (25°C)
- Power-down mode 0.1 µA max. (25°C)
- Lead-free, Sn 100%, halogen-free
*1. Overcharge release voltage = Overcharge detection voltage − Overcharge hysteresis voltage
(Overcharge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 3) can be selected in 0 V, or in 0.1 to 0.4 V in 50 mV step.)
*2. Overdischarge release voltage = Overdischarge detection voltage + Overdischarge hysteresis voltage
(Overdischarge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 3) can be selected in 0 V, or in 0.2 to 0.7 V in 100 mV step.)
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs
- Lithium polymer rechargeable battery packs