The S-8203A Series includes high-accuracy voltage detection circuits and delay circuits, in single use, makes it possible for users to monitor the status of 3-series cell lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
The S-8203A Series is suitable for protecting lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack from overcharge, overdischarge, and overcurrent.
- High-accuracy voltage detection function for each cell
- Overcharge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 3) 3.55 V to 4.50 V*1 (50 mV step) Accuracy ±25 mV
- Overcharge release voltage n (n = 1 to 3) 3.30 V to 4.50 V*2 Accuracy ±50 mV
- Overdischarge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 3) 2.0 V to 3.2 V*1 (100 mV step) Accuracy ±80 mV
- Overdischarge release voltage n (n = 1 to 3) 2.0 V to 3.4 V*3 Accuracy ±100 mV
- Discharge overcurrent detection in 2-step
- Discharge overcurrent detection voltage 0.05 V to 0.30 V*4 (50 mV step) Accuracy ±15 mV
- Short-circuiting detection voltage 0.50 V to 1.0 V*4 (100 mV step) Accuracy ±100 mV
- Charge overcurrent detection function
- Charge overcurrent detection voltage −0.30 V to −0.05 V (50 mV step) Accuracy ±30 mV
- Settable by external capacitor; overcharge detection delay time, overdischarge detection delay time, discharge overcurrent detection delay time, charge overcurrent detection delay time (Load short-circuiting detection delay time is internally fixed.)
- Independent charge and discharge control by the control pins
- 0 V battery charge
- Enabled, inhibited
- Power-down function
- Available, unavailable
- High-withstand voltage
- Absolute maximum rating 28 V
- Wide operation voltage range
- 2 V to 24 V
- Wide operation temperature range
- Ta = −40°C to +85°C
- Low current consumption
- During operation: 40 μA max. (Ta = +25°C)
- During power-down: 0.1 μA max. (Ta = +25°C)
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
*1. The overcharge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 3) and overdischarge detection voltage (n = 1 to 3) cannot be selected if the voltage difference between them is 0.6 V or lower.
*2. Overcharge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 3) can be selected as 0 V or from a range of 0.1 V to 0.4 V in 50 mV step. (Overcharge hysteresis voltage = Overcharge detection voltage − Overcharge release voltage)
*3. Overdischarge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 3) can be selected as 0 V or from a range of 0.2 V to 0.7 V in 100 mV step. (Overdischarge hysteresis voltage = Overdischarge release voltage − Overdischarge detection voltage)
*4. The discharge overcurrent detection voltage and load short-circuiting detection voltage cannot be selected if the voltage difference between them is 0.3 V or lower.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack