Oscillation frequency: 2.2 MHz typ. products | 400 kHz typ. products
The S-8590/8591 Series is a step-down switching regulator developed using high withstand voltage CMOS process technologies.
This IC has high maximum operation voltage of 18 V and maintains high-accuracy FB pin voltage at ±1.5%. As suitable packages for high-density mounting, such as small-sized HSNT-6(2025), are adopted, this IC contributes to miniaturization of electronic equipment.
PWM control (S-8590 Series) or PWM / PFM switching control (S-8591 Series) can be selected as an option.
Since the S-8591 Series, which features PWM / PFM switching control, operates with PWM control under heavy load and automatically switches to PFM control under light load, it achieves high-efficiency operation in accordance with the device’s status. Furthermore, our distinctive PWM / PFM switching control technology suppresses the ripple voltage to be generated in VOUT while PFM control is in operation.
Since the S-8590/8591 Series has the built-in synchronous circuit, it achieves high efficiency easier compared with conventional step-down switching regulators. In addition, it has the built-in overcurrent protection circuit which protects the IC and coils from excessive load current as well as a thermal shutdown circuit which prevents damage from heat generation.
- Input voltage
- 4.0 V to 18.0 V
- Output voltage (externally set)
- 1.0 V to 12.0 V
- Output current
- 600 mA
- FB pin voltage accuracy
- Oscillation frequency
- 2.2 MHz typ.
- Overcurrent protection function
- 1.2 A typ. (pulse-by-pulse method)
- Thermal shutdown function
- 170°C typ. (detection temperature)
- Short-circuit protection function
- Hiccup control, Latch control
- 100% duty cycle operation
- Soft-start function
- 5.8 ms typ.
- Under voltage lockout function (UVLO)
- 3.35 V typ. (detection voltage)
- Input and output capacitors
- Ceramic capacitor compatible
- Operation temperature range
- Ta = −40°C to +85°C
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
- Constant-voltage power supply for industrial equipment
- Constant-voltage power supply for home electric appliance