This IC is used for secondary protection of lithium-ion rechargeable batteries, and incorporates high-accuracy voltage detection circuits and delay circuits. The S-82K3 Series enable connection of 3-serial cell, and the S-82K4 Series enable connection of 4-serial cell.
This IC provides a wake-up function to prevent the fuse from blowing during battery connection, and allows the lithium battery to be connected in any order.
Since this IC also comes with a constant voltage output circuit, it can be used as a constant-voltage power supply for an external RTC (Real-Time clock IC).
- High-accuracy voltage detection circuit for each cell
- Overcharge detection voltage n: 3.600 V to 4.800 V (5 mV step) Accuracy ±15 mV (Ta = +25°C), Accuracy ±25 mV (Ta = −10°C to +60°C)
- Overcharge release voltage n*1: 3.600 V to 4.800 V Accuracy ±50 mV
- VRTC pin shutdown voltage n: 2.500 V to 2.800 V (100 mV step) Accuracy ±50 mV
- The wake-up function monitoring battery connection prevents CO pin output errors during battery connection
- Delay times for overcharge detection are generated only by an internal circuit (external capacitors are unnecessary)
- Overcharge detection delay time, VRTC pin shutdown delay time: 1 s, 2 s, 4 s, 6 s
- Overcharge timer reset function
- Available, unavailable
- CO pin output voltage is limited to 7.5 V max.
- VRTC pin output voltage
- 1.800 V to 3.300 V (100 mV step) Accuracy ±2% (Ta = +25°C)
- VRTC pin output current
- 2 mA max.
- Wide operation temperature range
- Ta = −40°C to +85°C
- Low current consumption
- During operation (VCU − 1.0 V for each cell): 4.0 μA max.
- During VRTC pin shutdown (VRSD − 1.0 V for each cell): 1.0 μA max.
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
*1. Overcharge release voltage = Overcharge detection voltage − Overcharge hysteresis voltage
(Overcharge hysteresis voltage can be selected from a range of 0 mV to 400 mV in 50 mV step.)
1. n = 1, 2, 3, 4
2. The HSNT-8(1616) package product is now under development.
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs (for secondary protection)