This IC is used for secondary protection of lithium-ion rechargeable batteries, and incorporates high-accuracy voltage detection circuits and delay circuits.
Short-circuiting between the VC1 and VC2 pins makes it possible to serially connect three cells.
Since this IC also comes with a constant voltage output circuit, it can be used as a constant-voltage power supply for an external RTC (Real-Time clock IC).
- High-accuracy voltage detection circuit for each cell
- Overcharge detection voltage n: 3.600 V to 4.800 V (5 mV step) Accuracy ±15 mV (Ta = +25°C)
Accuracy ±25 mV (Ta = −10°C to +60°C)
- Overcharge release voltage n*1: 3.600 V to 4.800 V Accuracy ±50 mV
- VRTC pin shutdown voltage n: 2.500 V to 2.800 V (100 mV step) Accuracy ±50 mV
- Delay times for overcharge detection are generated only by an internal circuit (external capacitors are unnecessary)
- Overcharge detection delay time, VRTC pin shutdown delay time: 1 s, 2 s, 4 s, 6 s
- Overcharge timer reset function
- Available, unavailable
- CO pin output voltage is limited to 7.5 V max.
- VRTC pin output voltage: 1.800 V to 3.300 V (100 mV step) Accuracy ±2% (Ta = +25°C)
- VRTC pin output current: 2 mA max.
- Wide operation temperature range
- Ta = −40°C to +85°C
- Low current consumption
- During operation (VCU − 1.0 V for each cell): 4.0 μA max.
- During VRTC pin shutdown (VRSD − 1.0 V for each cell): 1.0 μA max.
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
*1. Overcharge release voltage = Overcharge detection voltage − Overcharge hysteresis voltage
(Overcharge hysteresis voltage can be selected from a range of 0 mV to 400 mV in 50 mV step.)
1. The order of battery connection of this IC is limited. Customers who desire a product that does not limit the order of battery connection should consider the S-82K3/K4 Series of products instead.
2. n = 1, 2, 3, 4
3. The HSNT-8(1616) package product is now under development.
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs (for secondary protection)