The S-8239A Series is an overcurrent monitoring IC for multi-serial-cell pack including high-accuracy voltage detection circuits and delay circuits.
The S-8239A Series is suitable for protection of lithium-ion / lithium polymer rechargeable battery packs from overcurrent.
- Built-in high-accuracy voltage detection circuit
- Overcurrent 1 detection voltage*1 : 0.04 V to 0.30 V (10 mV step) : Accuracy ±15 mV
- Overcurrent 2 detection voltage : 0.1 V to 0.7 V (100 mV step) : Accuracy ±100 mV
- Overcurrent 3 detection voltage : 1.2 V (Fixed) : Accuracy ±300 mV
- Built-in three-step overcurrent detection circuit
- Overcurrent 1, overcurrent 2, overcurrent 3
- Overcurrent 3 detection function
- Available, unavailable
- UVLO (under voltage lock out) function
- UVLO detection voltage : 2.0 V (Fixed) : Accuracy ±100 mV
- High-withstand voltage
- VM pin, DO pin: Absolute maximum rating 28 V
- Delay times are generated only by an internal circuit (External capacitors are unnecessary).
- Low current consumption
- During normal operation: 7.0 μA max.
- During UVLO operation: 6.0 μA max.
- Output logic
- Active “L”, Active “H”
- Wide operation temperature range
- Ta = −40°C to +85°C
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
*1. Overcurrent 1 detection voltage ≤ 0.06 V should be satisfied in the case of overcurrent 2 detection voltage = 0.1 V.
Overcurrent 1 detection voltage ≤ 0.85 × overcurrent 2 detection voltage − 0.05 V should be satisfied in the case of overcurrent 2 detection voltage ≥ 0.2 V.
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack
- Lithium polymer rechargeable battery pack