The S-8229A Series is a battery monitoring IC developed using CMOS technology. Compared with conventional CMOS voltage detectors, the S-8229 Series is ideal for the applications that require high-withstand voltage due to its maximum operation voltage as high as 24 V.
The S-8229 Series is capable of confirming the voltage in stages since it detects three voltage values.
- Detection voltage accuracy
- Hysteresis characteristics
- VHYS1 to VHYS3 = 0 mV, 50 mV, 300 mV, 400 mV, 500 mV
- Current consumption
- During operation: IDD1 = 9.0 μA max. (−VDETtotal*1 ≥ 42 V) , IDD1 = 11.0 μA max. (−VDETtotal*1 < 42 V)
- During power-off: IDD2 = 0.1 μA max.
- Operation voltage range
- VDD = 3.6 V to 24 V
- Detection voltage
- −VDET1(S) to −VDET2(S) = 10.5 V to 21.5 V (0.1 V step)
−VDET3(S) = 7.5 V to 21.5 V (0.1 V step)
- Output form
- Nch open-drain output
- Output logic*2
- Full charge all on, full charge all off
- Operation temperature range
- Ta = -40°C to +85°C
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
*1. −VDETtotal: Total detection voltage
−VDETtotal = −VDET1(S) + −VDET2(S) + −VDET3(S)
*2. Full charge all on: When the input voltage is equal to or higher than each of the three detection voltage values,
VOUT1 = VOUT2 = VOUT3 = VSS.
Full charge all off: When the input voltage is equal to or higher than each of the three detection voltage values,
VOUT1 = VOUT2 = VOUT3 = “High-Z”.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack