The S-8216A Series is used for secondary protection of lithium-ion / lithium polymer rechargeable batteries, and incorporates a high-accuracy voltage detection circuit and a delay circuit.
The S-8216A Series has functions with an overcharge detection and a discharge overcurrent detection.
- High-accuracy voltage detection circuit
- Overcharge detection voltage : 4.000 V to 5.000 V (5 mV step) Accuracy ±15 mV
- Overcharge release voltage : 3.600 V to 4.950 V*1 Accuracy ±50 mV
- Discharge overcurrent detection voltage : 0.003 V to 0.100 V (0.5 mV step) Accuracy ±1.5 mV
- Detection delay time is generated only by an internal circuit (external capacitors are unnecessary).
- Output logic is selectable
- Active “H”, active “L”
- Output form
- CMOS output
- Wide operation temperature range
- Ta = −40°C to +85°C
- Low current consumption
- During operation: 2.0 μA typ., 4.0 μA max. (Ta = +25°C)
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
*1. Overcharge release voltage = Overcharge detection voltage − Overcharge hysteresis voltage
(Overcharge hysteresis voltage can be selected from a range of 0.05 V to 0.4 V in 50 mV step.)
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack
- Lithium polymer rechargeable battery pack