The S-8204A Series includes high-accuracy voltage detection circuits and delay circuits, in single use, makes it possible for users to monitor the status of 3-series or 4-series cell lithium-ion rechargeable battery. By switching the voltage level which is applied to the SEL pin, users are able to use the S-8204A Series either for 3-series or 4-series cell pack. By cascade connection using the S-8204A Series, it is also possible to protect 6-series or more cells(*1) lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack.
(*1). Refer to the application note for connection examples of protection circuit for 6-series or more cells. In case of protecting 5-series cell lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack, contact our sales representatives.
- High-accuracy voltage detection for each cell
- Overcharge detection voltage n(n=1 to 4): 3.8 V to 4.6 V (50 mV steps) Accuracy ±25 mV
- Overcharge release voltage n(n=1 to 4): 3.6 V to 4.6 V (*1) Accuracy ±50 mV
- Overdischarge detection voltage n(n =1 to 4): 2.0 V to 3.0 V (100 mV steps) Accuracy ±80mV
- Overdischarge release voltage n(n=1 to 4): 2.0 V to 3.4 V (*2) Accuracy ±100 mV
- Discharge overcurrent detection in 3-step
- Discharge overcurrent detection voltage 1: 0.05 to 0.30 V (50 mV steps) Accuracy ±15 mV
- Discharge overcurrent detection voltage 2: 0.5 V (fixed) Accuracy ±100 mV
- Short circuit detection voltage: 1.0 V (fixed) Accuracy ±300 mV
- Charge overcurrent detection
- Charge overcurrent detection voltage: -0.25 to -0.05 V (50 mV step) Accuracy ±30 mV
- Settable by external capacitor; Overcharge detection delay time, Overdischarge detection delay time, Discharge overcurrent detection delay time 1, Discharge overcurrent detection delay time 2
(Short circuit detection voltage delay time is internally fixed.)
- Switchable between 3-series and 4-series cell by using the SEL pin
- Independent charging and discharge control by the control pins
- High-withstand voltage
- Absolute maximum rating: 24 V
- Wide operating voltage range
- 2 V to 22 V
- Wide range of operation temperature
- Ta = -40°C to +85°C
- Low current consumption
- Operation mode 33 µA max.(Ta = +25°C)
- Power-down mode 0.1 µA max. (Ta = +25°C)
- Lead-free, Sn 100%, halogen-free
(*1). Overcharge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 4) is selectable in 0 V, or in 0.1 V to 0.4 V in 50 mV step.
(Overcharge hysteresis voltage = Overcharge detection voltage – Overcharge release voltage) (*2). Overdischarge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 4) is selectable in 0 V, or in 0.2 V to 0.7 V in 100 mV step.
(Overdischarge hysteresis voltage = Overdischarge release voltage – Overdischarge detection voltage)
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs