This IC is a 2-wire serial E2PROM with temperature sensor built in Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) function which operates in 1.7 V to 3.6 V voltage ranges. This IC has the capacity of 4 K-bit and the organization of 2 pages × 256-word × 8-bit. Page write and sequential read are available.
This IC operates with the SMBus and I2C-Bus at 1.0 MHz maximum.
A substantial reduction in current consumption may be achieved by using shutdown mode which can be set by the I2C-Bus.
In addition, the SMBus ARP function is supported; therefore, this IC is optimal for SSDs that communicate over the SMBus.
Caution: This product is intended to use in general electronic devices such as consumer electronics, office equipment, and communications devices. Before using the product in medical equipment or automobile equipment including car audio, keyless entry and engine control unit, it is imperative to contact our sales representatives.
- Page write
- 16 bytes / page
- Sequential read
- Write protect function during low power supply voltage
- Write protect
- Individual software data protection for each of four 128-byte blocks
- 106 cycle / word*1 (Ta = +25°C)
- Data retention
- 100 years (Ta = +25°C)
- Memory capacity
- 4 K-bit
- Initial delivery state
Temperature sensor block
- Temperature accuracy
- ±0.25°C typ. / ±1.0°C max. (Ta = 0°C to +85°C)
±0.25°C typ. / ±1.5°C max. (Ta = −40°C to +125°C)
- Temperature sample rate
- 8 samples / s min.
- Selectable hysteresis width
- No hysteresis, 1.5°C, 3.0°C, 6.0°C
- Support for SMBus ARP function
- Support for Alert Response Address function (ARA)
- Support for Default Slave Address (DSA)
- Current consumption
- E2PROM in standby mode and temperature sensor in shutdown mode: 3.0 μA max.
E2PROM in standby mode and temperature sensor in active mode: 0.1 mA max.
E2PROM in read operation mode and temperature sensor in active mode: 0.4 mA max.
E2PROM in write operation mode and temperature sensor in active mode: 2.0 mA max.
- Operation voltage range
- 1.7 V to 3.6 V
- Operation frequency
- 1.0 MHz max. (VDD = 2.2 V to 3.6 V)
400 kHz max. (VDD = 1.7 V to 3.6 V)
- Noise suppression
- Schmitt trigger and noise filter on input pins (SCL, SDA)
- Operation temperature range
- Ta = -40°C to +125°C
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
*1. For each address (Word: 8-bit)