This IC, developed by using high-withstand voltage CMOS process technology, is a voltage tracker with a reverse current protection function, which has high-withstand voltage and low current consumption.
Since the maximum operating voltage is as high as 36 V and the current consumption is as low as 30 μA typ., it
contributes to the reduction of standby current.
This IC operates stably due to the internal phase compensation circuit so that users are able to use low ESR ceramic capacitor as the output capacitor.
This IC includes an overcurrent protection circuit that prevents the load current from exceeding the current capacity of the output transistor and a thermal shutdown circuit that prevents damage because of overheating.
Due to the built-in reverse current protection function, the reverse current flowing from the VOUT pin to the VIN pin can be controlled as the small value −5 μA min. Therefore, IC protection diode is not needed.
- Input voltage
- 4.0 V to 36.0 V
- Offset voltage
- ±5 mV (0.1 mA ≤ IOUT ≤ 50 mA)
- Dropout voltage
- 160 mV typ. (VADJ / EN = 4.0 V, IOUT = 10 mA)
- Current consumption
- During operation: 30 μA typ.
- During power-off: 4.0 μA typ.
- Output current
- Possible to output 50 mA (VIN = VADJ / EN + 2.0 V)*1
- Input capacitor
- A ceramic capacitor can be used. (1.0 μF or more)
- Output capacitor
- A ceramic capacitor can be used. (1.0 μF to 1000 μF)
- Built-in overcurrent protection circuit
- Limits overcurrent of output transistor.
- Built-in thermal shutdown circuit
- Detection temperature 175°C typ.
- Reverse current protection function
- IREV = −5 μA min. (VIN = 0 V, VADJ / EN = 5.0 V, VOUT = 16.0 V)
- Operation temperature range
- Ta = −40°C to +125°C
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
- Withstand 45 V load dump
- AEC-Q100 qualified*2
*1. Please make sure that the loss of the IC will not exceed the power dissipation when the output current is large.
*2. Contact our sales representatives for details.
- Power supply for automotive off-board sensors
- For automotive use (engine, transmission, suspension, ABS, related-devices for EV / HEV / PHEV, etc.)