The S-19218 Series developed by using high-withstand voltage CMOS process technology, is a positive voltage regulator with a high-withstand voltage, low current consumption and high-accuracy output voltage.
The S-19218 Series operates at the maximum operation voltage of 36 V and has a built-in low on-resistance output transistor, which provides a very small dropout voltage and a large output current. In addition, favorable transient response characteristics ensure stable output voltage even if the power supply voltage should be impacted by transient fluctuations.
The regulator can be combined with a 0.1 μF low-capacity input capacitor. The lineup has also been extended to include a model where the output voltage can be set using an external resistor in addition to the model where it is set inside the IC.
Also, a built-in overcurrent protection circuit to limit overcurrent of the output transistor and a built-in thermal shutdown circuit to limit heat are included.
- Output voltage (internally set)
- 2.5 V, 3.0 V, 3.3 V, 5.0 V, 8.0 V, 12.0 V
- Output voltage (externally set)
- 2.5 V to 30.0 V, settable via external resistor
- Input voltage
- 3.0 V to 36.0 V
- Output voltage accuracy
- ±1.5% (Tj = −40°C to +125°C)
- Current consumption
- During operation: 30.0 μA typ., 50.0 μA max. (Tj = −40°C to +125°C)
- During power-off: 0.1 μA typ., 2.0 μA max. (Tj = −40°C to +125°C)
- Output current
- Possible to output 500 mA (at VIN ≥ VOUT(S) + 1.0 V)*1
- Input capacitor
- A ceramic capacitor can be used. (0.1 μF or more)
- Output capacitor
- A ceramic capacitor can be used. (1.0 μF or more)
- Fast transient response
- Built-in overcurrent protection circuit
- Limits overcurrent of output transistor
(with a detection function of the difference between input and output voltage)
- Built-in thermal shutdown circuit
- Detection temperature 170°C typ.
- Built-in ON / OFF circuit
- Ensures long battery life.
- Discharge shunt function is available.
- Pull-down function is available.
- Operation temperature range
- Ta = -40°C to +125°C
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
- Withstand 45 V load dump
- AEC-Q100 qualified*2
*1. Please make sure that the loss of the IC will not exceed the power dissipation when the output current is large.
*2. Contact our sales representatives for details.
- Constant-voltage power supply for electrical application for vehicle interior
- Constant-voltage power supply for home electric appliance
- For automotive use (engine, transmission, suspension, ABS, related-devices for EV / HEV / PHEV, etc.)