S-19213 Series (500mA) | S-19214 Series (1000mA)
The S-19214 Series developed by using high-withstand voltage CMOS process technology, is a positive voltage regulator with a high-withstand voltage, low current consumption and high-accuracy output voltage.
The S-19214 Series operates at the maximum operation voltage of 36 V and a low current consumption of 5.0 μA typ. and has a built-in low on-resistance output transistor, which provides a very small dropout voltage and a large output current.
In addition to the type in which output voltage is set inside the IC, the type for which output voltage can be set via an external resistor is added to a lineup. Also, a built-in overcurrent protection circuit to limit overcurrent of the output transistor and a built-in thermal shutdown circuit to limit heat are included.
ABLIC Inc. offers a “thermal simulation service” which supports the thermal design in conditions when our power management ICs are in use by customers. Our thermal simulation service will contribute to reducing the risk in the thermal design at customers’ development stage.
For more information regarding our thermal simulation service, contact our sales representatives.
Caution: This product can be used in vehicle equipment and in-vehicle equipment. Before using the product for these purposes, it is imperative to contact our sales representatives.
- Output voltage (internally set)
- 1.8 V, 3.0 V, 3.3 V, 5.0 V, 8.0 V, 12.0 V
- Output voltage (externally set)
- 1.8 V to 30.0 V, settable via external resistor
- Input voltage
- 2.8 V to 36.0 V
- Output voltage accuracy
- ±1.5% (Tj = −40°C to +125°C)
- Current consumption
- During operation: 5.0 µA typ., 9.8 µA max. (Tj = −40°C ~ +125°C)
During power-off: 0.1 µA typ., 2.0 µA max. (Tj = −40°C ~ +125°C)
- Output current
- Possible to output 1000 mA (at Vin ≧ Vout(s) + 2.0 V)*1
- Input and output capacitor
- A ceramic capacitor can be used. (1.0 μF or more)
- Built-in overcurrent protection circuit
- Limits overcurrent of output transistor.
(with a detection function of the difference between input and output voltage)
- Built-in thermal shutdown circuit
- Detection temperature 170°C typ.
- Built-in ON / OFF circuit
- Ensures long battery life
- Discharge shunt function is available.
- Pull-down function is available.
- Operation temperature range
- Ta = -40°C to +125°C
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
- Withstand 45 V load dump
- AEC-Q100 in process*2
*1. Please make sure that the loss of the IC will not exceed the power dissipation when the output current is large.
*2. Contact our sales representatives for details.
- Constant-voltage power supply for electrical application for vehicle interior
- Constant-voltage power supply for home electric appliance
- For automotive use (engine, transmission, suspension, ABS, related-devices for EV / HEV / PHEV, etc.)