The S-19192 Series is a monitoring IC for automotive rechargeable batteries, which includes high-accuracy voltage detection circuits and delay circuits. Switching control for 3-serial to 6-serial cell is possible by inputting voltage to the SEL1 pin and the SEL2 pin.
In addition, the S-19192 Series can perform a self-test to confirm overcharge and overdischarge detection operations.
- High-accuracy voltage detection circuit for each cell
- Overcharge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 6): 2.500 V to 4.500 V (25 mV step)
Accuracy ±20 mV (Ta = +25°C)
Accuracy ±30 mV (Ta = −5°C to +55°C)
- Overcharge release voltage n (n = 1 to 6): 2.300 V to 4.500 V *1
Accuracy ±50 mV
- Overdischarge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 6): 1.500 V to 3.000 V (100 mV step)*2, *3
Accuracy ±80 mV
- Overdischarge release voltage n (n = 1 to 6): 1.500 V to 3.300 V*4
Accuracy ±100 mV
- Self-test results to confirm overcharge and overdischarge detection operations can be output from OUT2 pin.
- Delay time shortening during self-test: Available, unavailable
- Self-test result output latch: Available, unavailable
- Each delay time is settable by an internal circuit only (External capacitors are not necessary).
- Detection delay time: 32 ms, 64 ms, 128 ms, 256 ms
- Release delay time: 2.0 ms, 4.0 ms, 8.0 ms, 16.0 ms
- Switching control for 3-serial to 6-serial cell is possible by inputting voltage to the SEL1 pin and the SEL2 pin.
- Two detection signal types
- Common: OUT1 pin: Overcharge and overdischarge detection signal
- Separate: OUT1 pin: Overcharge detection signal, OUT2 pin: Overdischarge detection signal
- Output form
- CMOS output, Nch open-drain output
- Output logic
- Active “H”, active “L”
- High-withstand voltage
- Absolute maximum rating 28.0 V
- Wide operation voltage range
- 6.0 V to 28.0 V
- Wide operation temperature range
- Ta = −40°C to +105°C
- Low current consumption
- During operation: 18 μA max. (Ta = +25°C)
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
- AEC-Q100 qualified*5
- This IC has been developed for the battery management system in accordance with ISO 26262. ABLIC Inc. can provide a safety manual for this IC.*5, *6
*1. Overcharge release voltage = Overcharge detection voltage − Overcharge hysteresis voltage
(Overcharge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 6) is selectable from 0 V to 400 mV in 50 mV step.)
*2. Set the voltage difference between the overcharge detection voltage and overdischarge detection voltage to 2.5 V or lower.
Set the voltage ratio so that the following formula is satisfied:
Overcharge detection voltage × 0.7 > Overdischarge detection voltage
*3 When the S-19192 Series is used for monitoring a 3-serial-cell battery, set the overdischarge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 6) to 2.0 V or higher.
*4. Overdischarge release voltage = Overdischarge detection voltage + Overdischarge hysteresis voltage
(Overdischarge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 6) is selectable from 0 V to 0.7 V in 100 mV step.)
*5. Contact our sales representatives for details.
*6. The Non-Disclosure Agreement is necessary when providing the documents.
- Automotive rechargeable battery pack (EV, HEV, PHEV)