The S-8110C/8120C Series is a family of high-precision temperature sensor ICs on a single chip with a linear output voltage for temperature changes.
Each chip is composed of a temperature sensor, a constant current circuit, and an operational amplifier.
It can be used at temperatures ranging from -40°C to 100°C. These devices have much better linearity than other temperature sensors such as thermistors, and can be used for a wide range of temperature control applications.
- Temperature accuracy
- S-8110C Series ±5.0°C (-30 to +100°C),
S-8120C Series ±2.5°C (-30 to +100°C)
- Linear output voltage
- -8.20 mV/°C Typ.
- Ta = -30°C: 1.951 V Typ.
- Ta = +30°C: 1.474 V Typ.
- Ta = +100°C: 0.882 V Typ.
- ±0.5 % typ. (-20 to +80°C)
- Wide power supply voltage operation
- Vdd= 2.4 to 10.0 V
- Low current consumption
- 4.5 µA typ. (25°C)
- Built-in operational amplifier
- Vss standard output
- Lead-free products
- Compensation of high-frequency circuits such as cellular phones and radio equipment
- Compensation of oscillation frequency in crystal oscillator
- LCD contrast compensation
- Compensation of amplifier gain
- Compensation of auto focus circuits
- Temperature detection in battery management
- Overheating prevention for charged batteries or halogen lights