The S-58LM20A Series is a high-accuracy temperature sensor IC on a single chip, provides output voltage which is linear against the temperature change. Each chip consists of a temperature sensor, a constant current circuit, and an operational amplifier. This IC is able to be used under the wide temperature range of –55°C to 130°C. This IC has much better linearity than other conventional temperature sensors such as thermistor, it is possible to achieve the extensive application for temperature control.
- Accuracy against temperature
- ±2.5°C (−55 to +130°C)
- Linear output voltage
- −11.77 mV/°C Typ.
- Ta = −30°C: 2.205 V Typ.
- Ta = +30°C: 1.515 V Typ.
- Ta = +130°C: 0.303 V Typ.
- ±0.4% Typ. (−20 to +80°C)
- Operation in wide range of power supply voltage
- VDD = 2.4 to 5.5 V (−30 to +130°C),
VDD = 2.7 to 5.5 V (−55 to +130°C)
- Low current consumption
- 4.5 µA Typ. (+25°C) 6.0 µA Max. (−55 to +130°C)
- Built-in operational amplifier
- Lead-free product
- Compensation of high-frequency circuits such as cellular phones and radio equipment
- Compensation of oscillation frequency in crystal oscillator
- LCD contrast compensation
- Compensation of amplifier gain
- Compensation of auto focus circuits
- Temperature detection in battery management
- Overheating prevention for charged batteries or halogen lights