The S-5813A/14A Series is a family of high-precision temperature sensor ICs on a single chip with a linear output voltage for temperature changes. Each chip is composed of a temperature sensor, a constant current circuit, and an operational amplifier. It can be used at temperatures ranging from -40±C to +100±C. These devices have much better linearity than other temperature sensors such as thermistors, and can be used for a wide range of temperature control applications.
- Temperature accuracy
- S-5813A Series ±5.0°C (-30 to +100°C)
S-5814A Series: ±2.5°C (-30 to +100°C)
- Linear output voltage
- -11.04 mV/°C typ.
- Ta = -30°C: 2.582 V Typ.
- Ta = +30°C: 1.940 V Typ.
- Ta = +100°C: 1.145 V Typ.
- ±0.5 % typ. (-20 to +80°C)
- Wide power supply voltage operation
- Vdd= 2.4 to 10.0 V (+25°C)
- Low current consumption
- 4.0 µA typ. (+25°C)
- Built-in operational amplifier
- Output voltage referred to Vss
- Sn 100%
- Compensation of high-frequency circuits such as cellular phones and radio equipment
- Compensation of oscillation frequency in crystal oscillator
- LCD contrast compensation
- Compensation of amplifier gain
- Compensation of auto focus circuits
- Temperature detection in battery management
- Overheating prevention for charged batteries or halogen lights