The S-L2980 series is a low dropout voltage regulator (LDO) designed for use in battery powered devices and developed using CMOS technology. On-chip low on-resistance transistor can provide low dropout voltage (LDO) and large output current. A power-off switch ensures long battery life.
Various types of output capacitors can be used in the S-L2980 series compared with the former CMOS voltage regulators. A small ceramic capacitor can also be used.
- Low dropout voltage (LDO)
- Typically 120mV @ 50mA load for 3.0V output
- Low current consumption
- Typically 90 µA, 140 µA max. at operation
- Sleep mode
- Quiescence current: Typically 0.1 µA, 1µA max. at power off
- Output voltage
- 1.5V to 6.0V, 0.1V step
- High accuracy output voltage
- High peak current capability
- 150mA @ Vin greater-than or equal to Vout(S) +1V Note
- Ripple rejection
- 70 dB typ. @1 kHz
- Built-in power-off circuit
- Low ESR capacitor
- A 2.2 µF ceramic capacitor can be used as the output capacitor.
- Lead-free products
Attention should be paid to power dissipation of the package when the load is large.
- Power source for battery-powered devices
- Power source for personal communication devices
- Power source for home electric/electronic appliances