The S-8259A Series is an IC including high-accuracy voltage detection circuits and delay circuits.
The S-8259A Series is suitable for monitoring overcharge and overdischarge for 1-cell lithium-ion / lithium polymer rechargeable battery packs.
- High-accuracy voltage detection circuit
- Overcharge detection voltage: 3.500 V to 4.600 V (5 mV step) Accuracy ±20 mV
- Overcharge release voltage: 3.100 V to 4.600 V*1 Accuracy ±50 mV
- Overdischarge detection voltage: 2.000 V to 3.400 V (10 mV step) Accuracy ±50 mV
- Overdischarge release voltage 2.000 V to 3.400 V*2 Accuracy ±100 mV
- Detection delay times are generated only by an internal circuit
(external capacitors are unnecessary).
- CO pin output logic
- Active “H”, active “L”
- Wide operation temperature range
- Ta = -40°C to +85°C
- Low current consumption
- During operation: 1.5 μA typ., 3.0 μA max. (Ta = +25°C)
- During overdischarge: 2.0 μA max. (Ta = +25°C)
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
*1. Overcharge release voltage = Overcharge detection voltage − Overcharge hysteresis voltage
(Overcharge hysteresis voltage can be selected from a range of 0 V to 0.4 V in 50 mV step.)
*2. Overdischarge release voltage = Overdischarge detection voltage + Overdischarge hysteresis voltage
(Overdischarge hysteresis voltage can be selected from a range of 0.1 V to 0.7 V in 100 mV step.)
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack
- Lithium polymer rechargeable battery pack