The S-8225B Series includes a voltage detection circuit with high accuracy and a delay circuit, and can monitor the status of 3-serial to 5-serial cell lithium-ion rechargeable battery in single use. By switching the voltage level which is applied to the SEL1 pin and SEL2 pin, users are able to use the S-8225B Series for 3-serial to 5-serial cell pack.
- High-accuracy voltage detection for each cell
- Overcharge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 5): 3.5 V to 4.4 V (50 mV step), Accuracy ±20 mV (Ta = +25°C), ±30 mV (Ta = 0°C to +60°C)
- Overcharge release voltage n (n = 1 to 5): 3.3 V to 4.4 V*1 , Accuracy ±50 mV
- Overdischarge detection voltage n (n = 1 to 5): 2.2 V to 3.2 V (100 mV step) , Accuracy ±80 mV
- Overdischarge release voltage n (n = 1 to 5): 2.2 V to 3.4 V*2 , Accuracy ±100 mV
- Overcharge detection delay time and overdischarge detection delay time can be set by external capacitor.
- Switchable between 3-serial to 5-serial cell by using the SEL1 pin and the SEL2 pin
- The CO pin and the DO pin are controlled by the CTLC pin and the CTLD pin, respectively.
- Output voltage of the CO pin and the DO pin is limited to 12 V max.
- Output logic is selectable.
- Active “H”, active “L”
- High-withstand voltage
- Absolute maximum rating: 28 V
- Wide operating voltage range
- 4 V to 26 V
- Wide operating temperature range
- Ta = -40°C to +85°C
- Low current consumption
- During operation (V1 = V2 = V3 = V4 = V5 = 3.4 V) : 20 µA max. (Ta = +25°C)
- During power-down (V1 = V2 = V3 = V4 = V5 = 1.6 V): 3.0 µA max. (Ta = +25°C)
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
*1. Overcharge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 5) is selectable in 0 V, or in 0.1 V to 0.4 V in 50 mV step.
(Overcharge hysteresis voltage = Overcharge detection voltage – Overcharge release voltage)
*2. Overdischarge hysteresis voltage n (n = 1 to 5) is selectable in 0 V, or in 0.2 V to 0.7 V in 100 mV step.
(Overdischarge hysteresis voltage = Overdischarge release voltage – Overdischarge detection voltage)
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack