* This Policy is governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan, and accurately reflects ABLIC’s policy for the protection of personal information.
In the event of any inconsistencies or differences in interpretation between the Japanese language version of this policy and any other language versions, the Japanese language version shall prevail.
ABLIC Inc. and its affiliated companies (collectively “ABLIC Group”) recognize that protecting personal data (“Personal Data”), which is information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (“Individual”) and which you provide with on the ABLIC Group’s web sites, is of utmost importance. ABLIC Group is adopting the following procedure to protect Personal Data.
- Recognizing the importance of protecting personal information, and complying with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws and ordinances.
- ABLIC Group collects Personal Data, specifying the purpose for which Personal Data is collected, by lawful and fair means.
- ABLIC Group uses the Personal Data only to the extent necessary to complete the explicit purpose of its collection.
- ABLIC Group keeps Personal Data accurate and up-to-date, and makes every effort to protect them by reasonable security safeguards against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification or leakage. Also, when submitting such Personal Data to a third party for the completion of a specific service to that individual, ABLIC Group will supervise the handling of that data by the third party to ensure the data is protected.When ABLIC Group provides third parties with information which is not handled as personal data by ABLIC Group but the relevant information is expected to be acquired as personal data by the third party, ABLIC Group will confirm whether the consent of the individual who is identified by the personal information is obtained by the said third party, or will take measures as otherwise stipulated by laws and ordinances.
- ABLIC Group handles requests from customers for the disclosure, correction or deletion of personal information, or the cessation of use or provision of personal information in a reasonable manner in accordance with laws and ordinances.
- ABLIC Group establishes or appoints a special organization or a responsible person for the handling of complaints and consultation from the Individual with respect to Personal Data.
- ABLIC Group complies with applicable laws and regulations relating to protection of Personal Data.
* “Personal Data” means data relating to an individual such as name, date of birth, address, office, credit card number, bank account number, personal preferences or other descriptions or from numbers, symbols, other marks, images or sounds assigned to the individual (including data in which an individual cannot be directly identified, but can be identified by collating with other data).