– A single chip supplies power and monitors voltage/operation of automotive MCUs (*1), providing the industry’s lowest (*2) current consumption of 3.0μA –
ABLIC Inc. (President & CEO: Nobumasa Ishiai, head office: Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture; hereinafter “ABLIC”) today launched the S-19514/19515 Series and S-19518 Series of automotive LDO regulators with watchdog timers and reset ICs.ABLIC Inc. (President & CEO: Nobumasa Ishiai, head office: Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture; hereinafter “ABLIC”) today launched the S-19514/19515 and S-19518 Series of automotive LDO regulators with watchdog timers and reset ICs.
The S-19514/19515 Series and S-19518 Series are both single-chip ICs that supply MCUs with power (LDO) and monitor their power supply voltage (Reset ICs) and operation (WDT).
With the increase in electric and electronic devices in automobiles in recent years, external monitoring of MCU operation to detect faults in automotive devices has become essential to strengthening and maintaining functional safety. The conventional approach of using a single-function IC incorporating a circuit for MCU monitoring increases the complexity of circuit design and the number of components.
The new S-19514/19515 Series and the S-19518 Series of products solve the above issues by providing LDO regulators, reset ICs, and watchdog timer functionality in a single IC. This new approach saves space, reduces the number of components, and simplifies circuit design. The IC’s ultra-low self-current consumption reduces standby current (*3).
The series complies with the AEC-Q100 automotive IC quality standard and is also PPAP capable.
(*1) MCU is an abbreviation of Micro Controller Unit
(*2) Based on our research as of November 2019
(*3) Standby current is a current that flows even when the ignition is OFF.
- Functional integration saves space and reduces current consumption to the industry’s lowest!!
- Window mode improves safety
- Housed in a compact high-heat dissipating package
- Equipped with an enable pin that can reset the entire IC to standby
- Automotive quality
- Constant-voltage power supplies for in-vehicle electrical applications
- Automotive devices for use in engine, transmission, suspension, ABS, EV/HEV/PHEV applications, and more