– Offers temperature protection, charge and discharge control functions as well as excellent safety and the industry’s top-class low current consumption rates –
ABLIC Inc. (President: Nobumasa Ishiai, head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; hereinafter “ABLIC”) today launched a Battery Protection IC for 1-Cell Pack S-82D1A Series.
The new S-82D1A Series is a 1-cell lithium-ion battery protection IC providing (1) temperature protection in addition to common overcharge, overdischarge, and overcurrent protection functions. The temperature protection function monitors rises and falls in temperature to enable configuration of circuits providing even greater safety. (2) The charge and discharge control function uses external signals to prohibit battery pack charging and discharging. (3) The accuracy of overcharge detection voltage is as high as ±15mV, while current consumption during operation and protection is 5μA max., which ranks the industry’s top-class.
Figure: Example of a protection circuit using the S-82D1A Series
- The IC is resistant to noise, and possible to monitor four temperatures with the temperature protection function.
- External signal input pin enables charge and discharge control• Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs, lithium polymer rechargeable battery packs
- Overcharge detection voltage accuracy: ±15mV. High performance yet low current consumption of 5μA max.
• Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs, lithium polymer rechargeable battery packs
S-82D1A Series Product Details
ABLIC Inc. became a wholly owned company by MinebeaMitsumi Inc. as of April 30th, 2020.