The S-5420 is a photodiode (PD) made of silicon that can detect ultraviolet light at high sensitivity. The S-5420 comprises a high and a low-sensitivity ultraviolet light photodiodes (PD). By calculating the difference between PD outputs and cutting out visible light components, ultraviolet components are detected without a filter.
- Wide-range sensitivity wavelength
- λ = 250 nm to 1000 nm
- High-sensitivity ultraviolet light detection
- SH = 0.17 A/W (λ = 365 nm)
- Ultraviolet components detection
- As a result of the difference of output between two types of photodiodes (Requirement: external parts)
- Lead-free, halogen-free
- Light intensity detection of ultraviolet light source
- UV index detection
- Analytical equipment
Detects ultraviolet components
By calculating the difference between PD outputs and cutting out visible light components, ultraviolet components are detected without a filter.
Compact transparent resin package
Incorporating a surface-mounting type, small, transparent package, this sensor allows for high-density mounting.
This product is jointly developed with Sugawa and Kuroda Laboratory of Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University.