The S-8363 Series is a CMOS step-up switching regulator which consists of a referencevoltage source, an oscillation circuit, an error amplifier, a phase compensation circuit, a current limit circuit, and a start-up circuit. Due to the operation of the PWM / PFM switching control, pulses are skipped under the light load operation and the S-8363 Series prevents decrease in efficiency caused by IC’s operating current. The S-8363 Series is capable of start-up from 0.9 V (Iout = 1 mA) by the start-up circuit, and is suitable for applications which use one dry cell. The output voltage is freely settable from 1.8 V to 5.0 V by external parts. Ceramic capacitors can be used for output capacitor. Small packages SNT-6A and SOT-23-6 enable high-density mounting.
- Low operation voltage
- Start-up from 0.9 V (Iout = 1 mA) guaranteed
- Oscillation frequency
- 1.2 MHz
- Input voltage range
- 0.9 V to 4.5 V
- Output current
- 300 mA (Vin = 1.8 V, Vout = 3.3 V)
- Reference voltage
- 0.6 V±2.5%
- Soft start function
- 1.2 ms typ.
- Low current consumption
- During switching-off, 95 µA typ.
- Duty ratio
- – PWM / PFM switching control
- Power-off function
- Current consumption during power-off 3.0 µA max.
- Current limit circuit
- limits the peak value of inductor current
- Nch power MOS FET ON resistance
- 0.25 Ω typ.
- Start-up function
- Operation with fixed duty pulse under the Vout voltage of 1.4 V or less
- Lead-free product
- MP3 players, digital audio players
- Digital cameras, GPS, wireless transceiver
- Portable devices