The S-8229 Series is a battery monitoring IC developed using CMOS technology. Compared with conventional CMOS voltage detectors, the S-8229 Series is ideal for the applications that require high-withstand voltage due to its maximum operation voltage as high as 24 V. The S-8229 Series is capable of confirming the voltage in stages since it detects three voltage values.
- Detection voltage accuracy
- Hysteresis characteristics
- VHYS1 to VHYS3 = 0 mV, 50 mV, 300 mV, 400 mV, 500 mV
- Current consumption
- During operation: IDD1 = 9.0 μA max. (-VDETtotal*1≥42 V)
IDD1 = 11.0 μA max. (-VDETtotal*1During power-off: IDD2 = 0.1 μA max.
- Operation voltage range
- VDD = 3.6 V to 24 V
- Detection voltage
- -VDET1(S) to -VDET3(S)= 10.5 V to 21.5 V (0.1 V step)
- Output form
- Nch open-drain output
- Output logic*2
- Full charge all on, full charge all off
- Operation temperature range
- Ta = -40°C to +85°C
- Lead-free (Sn 100%), halogen-free
*1. -VDETtotal: Total Detection voltage
-VDETtotal = -VDET1(S) + -VDET2(S) + -VDET3(S)
*2. Full charge all on: When the input voltage is equal to or higher than each of the three Detection voltage values, VOUT1 =VOUT2=VOUT3=VSS.
Full charge all off: When the input voltage is equal to or higher than each of the three Detection voltage values, VOUT1 =VOUT2=VOUT3=”High-Z”.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack