The S-8211C Series are protection ICs for single-cell lithium-ion / lithium-polymer rechargeable batteries and include highaccuracy voltage detectors and delay circuits. These ICs are suitable for protecting single-cell rechargeable lithium-ion / lithium-polymer battery packs from overcharge, overdischarge, and overcurrent.
- High-accuracy voltage detection circuit
- Overcharge detection voltage 3.9 to 4.5 V (5 mV steps) Accuracy ±25 mV (+25°C), Accuracy ±30 mV (−5 to +55°C)
- Overcharge release voltage 3.8 to 4.43 V*1 Accuracy ±50 mV
- Overdischarge detection voltage 2.0 to 3.0 V (10 mV steps) Accuracy ±50 mV
- Overdischarge release voltage 2.0 to 3.4 V*2 Accuracy ±100 mV
- Discharge overcurrent detection voltage 0.05 to 0.30 V (10 mV steps) Accuracy ±15 mV
- Load short-circuiting detection voltage 0.5 V (fixed) Accuracy ±200mV
- Charge overcurrent detection voltage −0.1 V (fixed) Accuracy ±30 mV
- Detection delay times are generated by an internal circuit (external capacitors are unnecessary). Accuracy ±20%
- High-withstand voltage (VM pin and CO pin: Absolute maximum rating = 28 V)
- 0 V battery charge function available / unavailable are selectable.
- Power-down function available / unavailable are selectable.
- Wide operating temperature range −40 to +85°C
- Low current consumption
- Operation mode 3.0 µA typ., 5.5 µA max. (+25°C)
- Power-down mode 0.2 µA max. (+25°C)
- Lead-free, Sn 100%, halogen-free
*1. Overcharge release voltage = Overcharge detection voltage − Overcharge hysteresis voltage
(Overcharge hysteresis voltage can be selected as 0 V or from a range of 0.1 to 0.4 V in 50 mV steps.)
*2. Overdischarge release voltage = Overdischarge detection voltage + Overdischarge hysteresis voltage
(Overdischarge hysteresis voltage can be selected as 0 V or from a range of 0.1 to 0.7 V in 100 mV steps.)
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery packs
- Lithium-polymer rechargeable battery packs