ABLIC is an evolving analog semiconductor manufacturer.
ABLIC Inc. has inherited the Seiko Instruments philosophy of manufacturing. As technology continues to grow and flourish, we aim to create key, world-changing components such as our semiconductor products featuring low-current consumption, low-voltage operation, and ultra-small package technologies, through following the principles of “small, smart, and simple” innovation.
The new company name ABLIC is a coined word combining ABLE (possible) and IC (short for “integrated circuit”), expressing that semiconductor technology enables possibilities.
In addition, our logo consists of an arrow (), representing growth, combined with a diamond (◆), representing integrated circuits, which together form an “A”, the first letter of the company name. This, as a whole, expresses our corporate vision of striving to help society grow through semiconductor technology.
Change Name to “ABLIC Inc.”
- High-efficiency SWRs
- Established ABLIC Inc.
- Medical device ICs
- High-power dissipation packages (TO-252-5S)
- Wireless power ICs
- Timer ICs for automotive use
- Magnetism sensor ICs for automotive use
- Ultra-small 0.8 x 0.8 mm packages (HSNT)
- High-power dissipation packages (HSOP-6)
- Power supply ICs for automotive use
- Ultra-low voltage operation charge pumps
- Ultra-small packages (SNT)
- EEPROM for automotive use
- Lithium-ion battery protection ICs (Secondary protection)
- Began the post process at the Akita plant.
- Lithium-ion battery protection ICs / EEPROM
- Real-time clock ICs
- Completed the 6-inch line for the wafer process.
- Non-volatile memories
- Temperature sensor ICs
- Magnetism sensor ICs
- Voltage regulators and voltage detectors
- Completed the 4-inch line for the wafer process.
- Analog quartz ICs
- Completed the 2-inch line for development.
- Began CMOS IC R&D.
- Established 1937 Daini Seikosha Co., Ltd. (the present-day Seiko Instruments Inc.)
- Established K. Hattori (the present-day Seiko Holdings Corporation)
|Established SII Semiconductor Corporation||2016||2016||Medical device ICs|
|High-power dissipation packages (TO-252-5S)||2015||2015||Wireless power ICs|
|2014||Timer ICs for automotive use|
|2013||Magnetism sensor ICs for automotive use|
|Ultra-small 0.8 x 0.8 mm packages (HSNT)||2011|
|High-power dissipation packages (HSOP-6)||2009||2009||Power supply ICs for automotive use|
|2005||Ultra-low voltage operation charge pumps|
|Ultra-small packages (SNT)||2003||2003||EEPROM for automotive use|
|1999||Lithium-ion battery protection ICs (Secondary protection)|
|Began the post process at the Akita plant.||1996|
|1993||Lithium-ion battery protection ICs / EEPROM|
|1990||Real-time clock ICs|
|Completed the 6-inch line for the wafer process.||1987|
|1985||Temperature sensor ICs|
|1984||Magnetism sensor ICs|
|1983||Voltage regulators and voltage detectors|
|Completed the 4-inch line for the wafer process.||1979||1979||Analog quartz ICs|
|Completed the 2-inch line for development.||1970|
|Began CMOS IC R&D.||1968|
|Established 1937 Daini Seikosha Co., Ltd.
(the present-day Seiko Instruments Inc.)
|Established K. Hattori
(the present-day Seiko Holdings Corporation)
In January 2018, “ABLIC Inc.”, as a result of the transfer of shares from Seiko Instruments Inc., started its operation as a specialized analog semiconductor manufacturer whose 70% of the shares is held by the Development Bank of Japan Inc.
We aim to establish a global presence as an industry leader, providing optimal solutions for both clients and society as a whole.
A new future awaits with ABLIC.